Well, Chopta in Uttarakhand is simply the spot for you incase you are an adventure seeking soul. This remote region situated at about 2500 metres above sea level goes by the name of ‘Mini Switzerland of India’. The terrain is simply ideal for adventure buffs while the panoramic beauty and picturesque locale of Chopta guarantees to serve your aesthetic demands. Here are some amazing trekking trails in Chopta, you should definitely check out.
1. Bedni Bugyal Trek: When wild herbs and flowers are in full bloom, the attractiveness of the region can largely be observed during the spring season. And, one of the best ways to capture this beautiful image is to go for a Bedni Bugyal Trek. It’s regarded as the most intimate spot in the Himalayas. Being the biggest meadow in the Garhwal Mountains, it’s also an important layover places for pilgrims on their way to the Nanda Raj Jat Yatra. The Vaitarna Lake is in exactly the same area the the famou Brahma Kamal bloomed, as per mythology.
2. Bisurital Trek: It’s situated in the Alpine area in the central part of Mandakini valley. Chopta valley trekking is not complete without it. The maximum level point is the Bisuri Dhar and you will experience thick woods, rivers, rivulets, streams, waterfalls, alpine meadows and uncommon wildlife etc. while crossing. Gangotri Greater Himalayan ranges are located at a hand’s distance from Bisurital.
3. Kedarnath Vasuki Tal Trek: Situated at an altitude of 3584 metres, this trek is as beautiful as its spiritual. As the magnificent temple of Lord Shiva is right at the bottom of the Kedarnath summit, religious folks should never miss the opportunity to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva while trekking in the valley. In inner radius of 1.5 kilometres Vasuki Tal Lake with crystal clear water can spellbind you. Bansi Narayan temple can also be looked at from here, and the Kalpeshwar is the favourite place for sages who would like to meditate.
4. Panwali Kantha Trek: This trek is located at the southwestern front of the Kedarnath region. It is where the Gangotri takes its course and later takes shape of a massive train. A common sight that you’d come across while trekking in the region is fellow trekkers bowing to the holy river.
5. Pindari Glacier Trek: It is situated in Kumaon region which is waiting to be discovered. The most favourite trekking Kumaon region of Chopta Trekking is Pindari Glacier trek. This trail takes you through some of the most spectacular landscape one can ever hope to see.
6. Valley of Flowers Trek: This trekking in Chopta has the biggest group of naturally occurring wildflower species. The natural beauty is enhanced by the gushing sound of mountain rivers flowing in the backdrop. To enjoy a panoramic view of the valley, climbing atop the Rataban summit is a good option.
So, if you’re planning an exciting vacation together with your friends, going on a trekking trip to Chopta valley, sounds like a great idea. You can take your personal vehicle to the spot, but if you don’t have it, the nearest railway station is located at Rishikesh. A large number of tourists also prefer taking the trains from other nearby places, check the train running status like 12419 running status, before leaving.