Architecture is a fascinating field which deals with the design, planning and construction of buildings and other related physical structures. Usually, buildings and physical structures are said to be the product of architectural work. This though is not a hard and fast rule as planning and construction of non-building structures could also be related in one way or other to dynamic world of architecture. Best architecture colleges in Gurgaon do an excellent job of preparing qualified professionalas.
Architecture in fact is a discipline which is related to our day to day lives in more ways than one. We live in our comfortable apartments or houses; go shopping to large swanky malls, study in good colleges with state of the art buildings or visit a quality hospital to get yourself treated. Have you ever realised that all these buildings which offer you comfort, education, pleasure, treatment, etc are all handiwork of qualified and competent architectures.
Each type of building has its own design and distinctive style and it is the task of an architect to create such design that lends a unique character to each building. Top put it in another words, it is the field of architecture which plays an important role in making our lives better and more comfortable. From humble homes to mighty dams and long tunnels, you will see the talent, creativity and hard work of architectures behind them. This brings us to the all-important question of who exactly is architecture. To answer the question in layman’s language, an architect is a professional, who through his/her skills, is able to perform the tasks of planning, designing and constructing buildings, physical structures as well as non-building structures.
As mentioned above, architecture is a thriving field with qualified architects in high demand in the job marketplace. However, you should refrain taking admission in an architectural course if you lack the qualities that good architects must possess, and are just willing to join the course lured by its financial and employment prospects.
To be a successful architect, you need to possess certain inherent qualities apart from B. Arch degree from quality B. Arch colleges in Delhi NCR or for that matter a quality institute anywhere else in India. To thrive in this field, you should have below mentioned qualities and skills.
- Sound geometry and mathematics knowledge
- An eye for details
- Excellent knowledge of complex drawing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of creativity
- Finance & Cost estimation skills
- Managerial and technical skills
- High level of creativity and patience among others
If you have the above mentioned qualities, you can go on to become a good architecture designing beautiful buildings and physical structures. As a professional architecture, some of the important tasks that you will be required to undertake are as following:
- Interacting with clients to better understand their needs, design specification and budget among other things
- Budget planning and cost estimation
- Project management and project supervision
- Taking care of contracts and legal matters (plan approval, approval from Municipal Corporation, etc)
- Planning, designing and drawing among other things
As a professional architecture, some of your typical clients you could expect to work with are as following:
- Common man wishing to build his house
- Large construction firms handling large projects
- Colleges, schools, commercial space developers, government agencies, MNCs and
- NGOs among others.